Thursday

Revising Tutorials

As it has been a while since some of the tutorials were posted I thought this would be a good time to write a quick summary with links for people who have joined recently.

If you are new here, or even if you have been here a while but didn't know, at times people have sent in suggestions to help others. Here is a round up with links to previous posts.

Foundation Piecing -
How to plus a couple of simple beginners level blocks here

English Paper Piecing
I have only ever used EPP with 1/4in hexagons and didn't use it for Raconteur but Carol swears by it. She was the one who asked for the templates and if not for her request then there would have been no EPP templates.
Sue Daley has made a series of youtube videos about EPP. These appear good but I found that one needed more patience than I had to use this because of the size of the pieces. The video demonstrates with large pieces.
I have personally found that if you want to use glue with such small pieces then Roxannes glue is the best because of the fine applicator
This post talks about a site by flossie cakes and the wealth of information there
Post about a new product for EPP. I haven't tried this product yet but Sue Daley is well respected in Australia and is know as the queen of EPP. here

Applique
Applique is a method I have never enjoyed. You will be surprised to find that I have pieced many blocks which others may do using appliqué. This post provides a list of links to various appliqué sites.

Photographing Your Blocks
just a few suggestions on how to take photos of your blocks to make it easier form to photoshop and upload them. Btw if you want a copy of your cropped photo just ask me when you send it in and I will happily send it back to you. here

No comments:

Post a Comment