Friday

Funny Coincidence

C10 Rainbow Writing
What a difference fabric design makes. In the original quilt this block was made with a rainbow coloured stripe. 
In my day job I teach hearing impaired children who are placed in a regular school.  Most of my time teaching has been with older children, upper primary through to year 12 but  this child was only 5 and so I was spending some time in the kinder working out how things ran and what the child was like.
Well one of the activities that the children did was Rainbow Writing. In this activity the children traced their names first in one colour and then over the top of that in another colour and then a third colour and so on. 
Being a secondary teacher I thought this was a real time waster and of little benefit, but it looked pretty. BTW I have since learnt that it is a great activity to help the littlies improve their pencil skills besides looking pretty and most chldren don't find it as boring as colouring in...we can all learn something.
An amazing co-incidence is that Carol's fabrics look just like one of the buildings at the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment