Friday

Friday Flaunt

Well here it is. I have finally attached the next border onto Turkish Delight. This quilt was started many,many years ago when I decided I wanted to learn how to applique.

At that stage I was also into dyeing and so all of the fabric, apart from the vase and the black are my own hand dyed fabrics.

The lattice design is also my own as the original class had a swag which really wasn't me.

I now need to add one more border as it isn't a really useable size, too narrow for queen and too long for anyother size. I will add another border of floating stars which will hopefully make it king size and then finished.

OH and what do you think of Paul's watermarking skills. He is trying to learn a few more skills and so practises when I ask him for something.

6 comments:

  1. Cinzia, That is awesome! just love the colours - my colours!

    Watermark is clever too! Compliment the maker for me please. Could be possibly give me a lesson in how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color combination just glistens! Truly beautiful! And I especially like your lattice border. It looks really tedious to have pieced, but it's just perfect in that spot. This is a glorious quilt. Great work, Cinzia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW

    it's wonderful!

    can't wait to see the finished article

    like the watermark too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am never stuck for words. I am now...WOW!
    Frummie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vibrant colours in your hand dyeds Cinzia and you are absolutely right with the lattice, it's perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lattice design is perfect for the quilt, Cinzia - I don't think a swag would have suited at all!
    Stunning fabrics, too - I look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete